Thursday, May 8, 2008

Week 1 Day 4

TODAY WAS HUGE!
Here are the details...
Patty and I went to the cottage on Deb's property this morning at 9:30. I love working at Deb's cottage because it is such a motivational site for creative writing. Deb sat down with Patty and I, and we started to talk about our turtle story and how we want it to evolve. Of course, we had WRITERS BLOCK, so Deb had Patty and I do an activity where we went and sat away from one another, and wrote a summary of what our thoughts were for how we pictured our story. I traveled down to the dock, where I sat for 3o minutes and put every idea about the turtle story in my head down onto paper. After some time, Patty and I met back up with Deb at the cottage where we both shared our ideas. I went first, and shared my vision of pollution issues and an unnoticed turtle in a huge family. Then Patty shared her brilliant idea of not exactly writing about a turtle alone in a polluted river, but writing about a family of turtles, and having a page dedicated to each member of the clan. I absolutely loved this idea, and so did Deb. So, we took this idea and "ran" with it. Patty and I immediately started brainstorming ideas of how we could incorporate an message into a family of turtles, and we cam up with an idea of family dynamics, and how each family is so special because of their dynamics. We decided that there will be 8 turtles total in the family; A mother, a father, and six children. Each "turtle child" will have their own page in which we will express the personality of that child. Also, each parent will have a page to show how they keep the family together and successful. The idea is to have a the mother turtle ring a dinner bell in the opening of the book. All the children are at different places, doing various activities that relate to their personality, BUT hear the bell ring. Each child hustles back to the dinner table. The conclusion of the book revolves around that even though each child was off doing their own thing that relates to them, at the end of the day, a family is a family no matter how different each other is! 
I am thrilled about this idea! I can't wait to begin to generate this idea into an actual book! Tomorrow Patty and I going to write at Patty's house, because I have AP Biology in the early afternoon. We are going to generate ideas about each character in our book and develop them! 
Until next time muggles.

No comments: