Friday, May 9, 2008

Week 1 Day 4!

Today was not as a productive day as yesterday! Yesterday we hit a gold mine of ideas, and today Patty and I tried to be as productive, but we were unfortunate. We were unable to meet with Deb today in Sunapee, so Patty and I met up at her house and traveled into New London where we sat in the gazebo and worked. Patty and I looked at her sketches of turtles, and then tried to imagine these sketches in our book successfully. The sketches were awesome, and with the many perspectives that Patty drew the other day only helped my creative thought process of what each illustration for each family member could possibly look like. Patty and I also worked a bit on developing each family member more in depth today, as we have found that rhyming is really not an easy task, BUT WE CAN DO IT! We are determined to rhyme, and I know this is possible! We have named the characters of our book; The Mom, the Dad, Natalie, (the oldest,) Max, (the athlete,) Jack, (quiet and smart,) Marley, (the lizard who is adopted,) Hannah, (the loud character,) and Ella, (the youngest turtle.) We have really developed Max and Jack enough to start rhymes for these two characters. The other turtles in the book need some serious attention, as they are not as developed as Jack and Max. I feel that Patty and I are completely on the same page with this book, which is unbelievable! I am so pumped that our book has evolved into such a project in this past week. I never thought we would get to a point where we were actually developing and making first story drafts for our actual book! I know that this project is hard, and extremely tedious at times but I know Patty and I definitely won’t give up! We work off of one another’s energy so well that it would be unheard of for us to complete this creative project!

Until next time muggles!

No comments: