Monday, May 19, 2008

Week 3 Day 1!!!

Today was very much a workday for Patty and I. We both met this morning at Patty’s house, so I could show her the work I had accomplished over the weekend with Deb. This weekend I went up to Deb’s house on Sunday afternoon. Deb and I FINISHED all of the writing for the book! Each poem is complete, and just needs to be proofread by myself, Patty and Deb. I was able to really concentrate with Deb as she gave me pointers and techniques that helped me develop the poems for each character. I remembered what I head learned from the writing workshop about just letting my creative part of my brain just flow, and to cut off the editor! It truly has helped me so much to even just remember this little fact. So, I was able to sit down with Deb and complete the poems, and it feels SPECTACULAR!! Deb and I were also able to have create a mockup layout of our book. This allowed us to see how many pages we will be using, (20 cover to cover!) and gave me a real sense that this book is actually almost completed and printed! It was a surreal moment to see the book layout! We decided on the order of the introductions of each family member, and where our dedication and publication pages are going to be! I really cannot wait to see the finished book right now! The mockup gave me such excitement!!! Patty has completed all of the turtle family member drawings, and now only has to complete the cover and dinner table art! We are SO close to starting actual layout on Deb’s computer at the cottage, which also means we are that much CLOSER to printing our book! WAHOO!!! Tomorrow Patty and I are meeting with Deb at 9:30 at her cottage to scan Patty’s artwork, and start then start the layout of text and pictures! Another exciting day today, as well as one prepared for tomorrow!

 

No comments: